background

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Countdown to D-Day

We had our weekly ultrasound yesterday and got to see our little girls! Our little porker Charlotte is weighing 4lbs 8oz and Aubrey is slowly but surely catching up to her sister weighing 3lbs. We were so happy to see that there was growth with both of them.

My blood pressure has been high this week, but nothing too out of control! They have been closely monitoring it checking it multiple times during the day. I have some edema in my back, which is common for fluid to rest there for those that are on bed rest, and minor headaches. The first 24-hr urine analysis came back kind of high with protein. They requested I do another one which also showed the same thing.

After speaking with our doctor and looking at the ultrasound, he decided to go ahead and take the babies TOMORROW! With the difference in their weights getting greater and the other signs of pre-eclampsia that I have been having, we have decided now is the time. Tomorrow we will meet our 32 week mark and we will meet our baby girls! 32 weeks has been our goal all along and feel so fortunate that we are going to meet it.

What a journey this has been! Today is Day 50 in the hospital and it is hard to believe that it has been that long. We are so excited yet anxious to get them here safe and sound! My c-section is scheduled for 6pm tomorrow.....so I only have a few more good meals left until clear liquids for a while. :)

I will be sure to post many pictures as soon as I can of Aubrey and Charlotte!



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! How exciting! I'll be praying for the safe delivery of your precious baby girls and for a quick and easy recovery for you. Can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best day of both of your lives has begun. Congratulations. Your heart will grow and fill to overflowing. I will keep you all in my prayers as you navigate the NICU and then the journey home and the training of the parents that will begin in earnest when they come home. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete