background

Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 47

Slowly but surely we are getting there.... We have had quite a weekend!

On Friday evening during our monitoring session, I started having contractions. It is normal for me to have 1-2 during monitoring, but I had 7 in less than an hour and I could actually feel them (I haven't felt them when I have them before). They gave me a shot of Terbulatine to stop the contractions. They will usually give up to 3 of these shots, but one did the trick for me! My nurse that night, which is ironically named Charlotte, warned me that I may feel my heart race due to the medicine. Boy did I! My hands shook as well as my legs! It made me feel so weird! Since Friday, we have had no issues with contractions or irritability. Cross your fingers that it stays that way!


Over the past week, we have watched my blood pressure slowly rise. I usually run pretty low, and it has steadily gone up since we have been here. On Saturday, the doctor on call requested my blood to be taken to check on my liver enzymes as well as doing a 24-hour urine collection to check for protein. These are early signs of pre-eclampsia. I have no other symptoms such as swelling, blurry vision, headaches, etc. other than high blood pressure. The blood came back negative, but we are still waiting to hear about the urine analysis.


I have been laying on my side throughout the day and really trying hard to be still (which you know is SO hard for me) to keep my blood pressure under control. We are so fortunate to have doctors and nurses that are monitoring me and the babies and being extra cautious!


John had to go back to work today.... SO sad for me! I have been so used to him being here and although it is not that far away, I still wish he was here with me. I have text him updates so far today and will continue as I know it is just as hard for him to be away too.

No comments:

Post a Comment