background

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Another day in paradise....

22 days down...... 28 to go until 32 weeks! A lot has been going on this week! One would think that on hospital bed rest a person would have a lot of time. Surprisingly we are always quite busy! We've had a lot of visitors this week and even got a prize for our door! My kind friend Jessica and her mother made this super cute twincesses wreath that we hung up outside! All of the nurses that come in LOVE it as well as I do!
On Tuesday evening, we got to see our little girls! Dr. Kirshon did an ultrasound to check on them (27w4d). We could see that the cords were still tangled, but the blood flow was great and that is what matters! Our little ladies are getting SO big! Aubrey weighed 2lb 4oz gaining 4oz from the previous week and Charlotte weighed 2lb 8oz gaining 14oz! So happy that they are doing so good.
I am getting used to this diabetic diet..... They gave me an extra 200 calories a day (Thank goodness) and I have gotten one extra starch during dinner. That makes me super excited! Nothing worse then getting cut off by the food service when I am ordering my food because I have "run out" of starches! I am not going to lie....there are times that I am starving BUT it is getting easier to figure out what I can eat and making the most of it!
We got to meet with one of the Neonatologists that will be taking care of Aubrey and Charlotte yesterday. He was very thorough and explained to us all of the different things that could possibly be a concern for our girls depending on how early they are. Very smart man with good bedside manor! He was very positive and gave us lots of insight on our future to come. We are going to tour the NICU tomorrow to see what is in store for us. Can't wait!
Still going strong here!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear things are going so well for y'all. Thinking and praying for you often. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete