background

Friday, July 1, 2011

We Have Arrived

One of our best friends..... for now! :)
Hooked up to the monitor











We have made it here.... it has been a long journey so far and so much more to overcome! We spent our first night at the hospital last night. The first of many for sure! At our appointment with Dr. Kirshon yesterday, everything looked good. Aubrey weighs 1lb 8oz and Charlotte weighs 1lb 5oz. We were able to see the cords tangled on the ultrasound, BUT the blood flow was great! At our appointment, the doctor and his staff got the necessary information and paperwork in order super fast for us and we were on our way across the parking lot to be admitted at the hospital! The whole admitting process was a snap! We went straight to the Antepartum unit and they had me in a room within 5 minutes and hooked up to monitors within 30 minutes!



So far, the nurses and staff here are terrific! Very kind and informative! We began continuously monitoring the babies heart rates. The doctor wanted to start off this way to see how they were doing. With babies that are 25 weeks, they are still so small and move quite a bit! It proved to be a challenge to have both of them on the monitor for long periods of time. I did get a chance to shower though so that was nice!



Around 11:00, the nurse came in with great news! My doctor had made the decision to take me off of continuous monitoring for now! We will be monitoring them 3 times a day though, just not all day and night! This will be a lot less stressful for me and the nurses. It is very stressful watching the monitor and seeing that one of their heartbeats is not being monitored because they are moving. We know that it only because they are moving, but we also know the importance of making sure we are getting accurate readings. The nurses had to come in frequently to get them back on and I had to lay down flat on my back to make sure we could find them..... Needless to say I am relieved now! Although, if I have to.... I have to! Bring it on!



All in all, we are getting settled in here and making my new home, my home! John is such a trooper! I love my husband for all that he is, does for me and for the safety of our girls, and the wonderful father he has already proven he is.



















No comments:

Post a Comment