background

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Just another day

Well.... John and I have officially been here a week now! Today is day 8 and I will hit the 26 week mark tomorrow! Believe it or not, we have been occupying our time very easily! We have had so many visitors already and many more want to come..... that is a great thing! Our autograph wall is filling up for sure! Now to get the pictures I took of our visitors developed to hang up in here....


The girls are doing so good! Monitoring has been a different experience every day. With them being so small still, it sometimes proves to be difficult because all of the moving they are doing. I am still monitoring 3 times a day for 30 minutes, but that 30 minutes usually turns into an hour. We usually do monitoring first thing in the morning at 8am, in the afternoon around 4pm, and at night at 10:30pm. By the time we find two different heart beats, make sure they are going to stay there, and get a "good" 30 minute strip, it just takes longer! :) On Monday during my morning monitoring, the girls were not cooperating. The doctor on call ordered me to stay on for 4 hours! My mom and Grandma came that day to visit, so they got to hear their heartbeats for a long time.

One of my dear friends and parent of two former students of mine, had her sweet baby boy yesterday. She had a C-section so she will be here for a couple of days! I have a friend to visit now here! John and I went to see the little one yesterday and he is absolutely precious! He weighed over 7 lbs and he still looked so small to me. Holding him, it hit me that my sweet little girls will not weigh that combined when they are born. Just put things into perspective.....


John and I are so fortunate to have such good people that truly are concerned and rooting for us and these sweet little girls! Thank you for all the prayers, calls and texts, and sweet cards. I am so lucky to have the privileges that I have! I can walk around, go outside, and even do little things like take a shower daily and use the restroom. There are so many women here that are on strict bed rest and can't do those things. It is amazing what you will do for your baby...or babies! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear you are doing well and able to walk around. You and the girls are in our prayers every night. We will come and visit soon, once things slow down around here. I will also bring the gifts I have for the babies when we come to visit. I am always looking at baby items whenever I go to the stores and there have been a couple of things I just had to buy for the babies.

    Take care,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete